Talete King Panyulung Kapampangan, Inc.
- TALETE king PANYULUNG KAPAMPANGAN, INC. (TPKI) means “Bridge to Pampanga’s Progress”. TPKI is registered as non-stock, nonprofit Christian development organization engaged in poverty alleviation. It provides services to the poor regardless of their religious persuasion or political affiliation.
- TPKI believes that most of our people are poor not because they are lazy but because of the absence or inadequacy of opportunities they need to improve their lives especially their economic conditions.
- TPKI has been carving its role as an opportunity provider to the poor in order for them to have control over their economic lives and eventually, their destiny.
What has been the results?
- Since its launching in 1987, TPKI has extended financial assistance worth P 1.3 B. This investment has financed more than 20,000 micro and small enterprises and generated new jobs among the poor. Trainings and seminars were also conducted on various subjects such as basic business management, marketing, basic book keeping, livelihood, leadership and value formation.
What does TPKI believe?
TPKI believes that authentic development has at least four basic elements. The first is Spiritual development – for what a man profit if he earned the whole world and lost his soul? (Mat. 16:26). Second is Economic development – we believe that it is not God’s design for man to be poor, for God came that we might have life and have it to the fullest (John 10:10). Third is Social development – as the poor achieve economic prosperity, he must not lose touch of where he came from rather he should contribute towards social upliftment. Finally, true development must address Environment concern – protection, conservation and proper usage of resources.
What are TPKI's goals?
- To promote investment and provide working capital to micro and small businesses with no access to formal credit.
- Tocreate/generate employment and increase the income of the poor through the creation and expansion of micro-business.
- To promote self-employment by training entrepreneurs in business development and management.
- To be an uplifting instrument of transformation in the Philippines business community, emphasizing accountability and wise stewardship of resources.
Christ-Centered, Self-Sufficient, Others-Driven & Environment Friendly Communities.
Performance at a Glance
Figures as of January 31, 2011